Designing the interiors of your home is a fulfilling experience, and among all the other things, such as furniture and upholstery, you need to choose the right blinds. Blinds serve two functions at the same time – Add to the interior aesthetics and control overall natural light in the room. In this special post, we have listed down the pointers that may come handy for choosing your blinds.
Contemporary homeowners like a custom look for their homes, and blinds are ideal for achieving the same. Also, blinds keep the room warm in the winters and cooler in the summers, and there are literally endless choices to pick from, as far as colors and designs are concerned. Before you consider blinds for your living room or bedroom, consider some of the key aspects like –
- What’s your main concern – light control or better lighting? This largely determine the material and color of the blinds you will need.
- Do you want added privacy? If yes, you may want blinds that completely prevent glares of trespassers and neighbors.
- What’s your preferred style? Some people like to go for contrast blinds, while others are more inclined towards matching the style with the rest of the theme and furnishings. Like most aspects, this is a personal thing.
- Vertical blinds. Vertical blinds are ideal for most rooms and are an appropriate choice if you want to have control on the amount of natural light entering the room. Compared to other options, this can be cheaper too.
- Venetian blinds. Talk about horizontal blinds, and you have this style, which is usually made of aluminum and wood. You will still have control on the light entering the room, but Venetian blinds are more aesthetic for certain homes.
- Blackout blinds. As the name suggests, Blackout blinds help in reducing sunlight completely. For certain homes, this is more like a compulsion, especially in regions that are prone to high temperatures.
- Pleated blinds. Another good choice for homes, these are similar to that of Venetian blinds, except for the face that these are much more suited for bedrooms and apartments and help in filtering light rather than blocking the same.
- Roller blinds. The final option is Roller blinds, which are cost effective and extremely functional for homeowners who seek complete privacy. Check online to find more on designs and styles.
Shop for blinds now!