If you intend to save on yard maintenance expenses, you need to get a few handy tools. One of the important things you need for garden upkeep is a hedge trimmer. There are all sorts of options in the market, depending on your needs. In this post, we will talk about ways to choose among the best hedge trimmers.
What to expect?
As the name suggests, a hedge trimmer does the job of trimming hedges. Most homeowners believe that they don’t have the skills to trim their yard hedges, which is a myth. All you need is a good machine, and you can manage things easily at your end. When you look for a hedge trimmer, you should expect a few things.
- Firstly, the machine should be able to trim all sorts of hedges you have in the garden. If you have plants with thicker branches, you need a more powerful model.
- Check the power of the machine. It defines everything you can expect, in terms of performance and overall features.
- Having a rotating blade will help in trimming between the hedges and other plants and fences. You will also need a locking switch on the model, which will help in safer operations.
- The model should be lightweight and easy to move around. This is a more subjective highlight, because there are pros and cons of lightweight models. You might want to rent a model before buying an expensive one.
- Warranty is one aspect that most people don’t check while buying a hedge trimmer. Experts advise on choosing something more durable, depending on your requirements and the kind of plants you have in the garden.
- Lastly, the model must have tolerable noise level. If you have prickly neighbors, a quieter model is always the best option. However, in any case, it is advisable to wear a pair of earplugs to avoid any sort of ear damage.
In terms of types, hedge trimmers can be divided into three segments – Battery powered, corded and gas-powered. If you are looking for something really portable and easy to use, battery powered trimmers are the best. While these tend to be a tad heavy, these are perfect for moving around. Corded hedge trimmers, on the other hand, are more functional and robust, but need direct power connection all the time. The third and probably the most popular option is a gas powered trimmer. Such trimmer can trim all sorts of small and large branches effectively and are great for the price you pay.
It is important to consider the top rated models before making a choice. Hedge trimmers are one-time investments, and to make the most of your money, you must read reviews from leading experts and regular users. Try to evaluate your needs and garden requirements before buying a machine. As for the price, you can find amazing discounts on the web, as long as you look at the right websites.
Take a quick look to find the best options!
Author Bio –Mike Evans is an expert reviewer and author on gardening tools and equipment. He has also worked with a yard maintenance service for years.