Humidity and water damage can lead to mold growth, which can be dangerous. Many forms of mildew, fungus and mold are known to be harmless, at least to humans. Nevertheless, it is important to seek professional advice and help for mold removal. Many companies offer service for mold removal Newark DE, but can you find a reliable one? Below are the best tips for your help!
First things first
Do not ignore the situation. Extreme mold growth can cause major health issues in kids, elderly, and pets and also in people with compromised immune systems. Make sure that you check your home after water damage, especially the attics and basement, which are often prone to mold growth. Don’t wait for the problem to turn into a bigger disaster. Mold removal costs are extremely high, and you can reduce the same by acting quickly. Most water damage services also deal in mold growth, so you don’t need to worry about finding a separate company for the job.
Things to check
- Is the company licensed? Well, a reliable service should have a valid license and a physical office, where they can be contacted.
- Is the company insured? Insurance is important for both general liability and workplace mishaps. As a client, you don’t want to pay additionally for medical bills of workers and removal experts.
- Will they offer client references? You should never trust big ads, unless you have verified the facts. Ask the company if they are willing to offer references of local clients for further crosschecking.
- What about the estimate? It is always advisable to have an estimate for the job, so that you can prevent hidden costs and expenses. If you are taking two services i.e. water damage and mold removal, ask for a concrete cost for both, with all the inclusions.
- Will they offer a guarantee on the job? Mold can return, mostly in cases when the removal, disinfecting and cleaning steps have been done without adequate care. Ask the company if they are giving a time-based guarantee for the work done by them.
Finally, do understand the response time of the service. Water and storm damage services are expected to respond as quickly as possible, and the same holds true for mold removal companies. A company should be able to send their experts within an hour of receiving client call. Check online to find reliable local services now!