Every person wants that big home with many multiple levels. However, have you considered adding an elevator? In this post, we will talk about the logical reasons to choose an elevator for your home, along with tips for finding the right service.
Having an elevator- The reasons
- For comfort. If you have older parents at home or have issues with mobility, you should consider an elevator for obvious reasons. You will have better access to the entire house, even when you are 60 or more.
- For adding value to the house. Homes with elevators often fetch a better price in the real estate market, and that’s an aspect you cannot afford to ignore, especially if you intend to move some years down the line.
- For convenience. If you need to move your household goods and belongings, you can avoid external help once the elevator is installed. Shift your luggage, furniture, laundry and everything else with ease.
- For mobility. Many homeowners don’t like stairs in the first place, and when it comes to having more freedom in your own house, elevators are extremely useful. Also, you don’t need to spend heavy on daily stair cleaning and maintenance.
Getting an elevator
First things first, find a reliable residential elevator manufacturer. You will find quite a few options online, depending on your requirements. Here are the things you need to check.
- How many elevators they have installed so far? Do they have local clients in your city? If yes, will they offer references? These are the first three questions you need to ask. Since most manufacturers have their own websites these days, finding the details isn’t hard at all.
- What kind of support can they offer? A good manufacturer should offer enough choices for different needs and they must have a wide selection. You also need to check the kind of installation assistance they can offer.
- Will they offer a quote in advance? Residential elevators can be expensive, and therefore, you must get an estimate in advance, which should include the cost of installation services and taxes. Check the quote in detail for other details, including terms and conditions of the concerned company.
- Do they need a deposit? A number of home elevator companies will charge a small deposit amount before the actual installation work, and that amount shouldn’t exceed more than 20% in the ideal case.
- Do they offer a warranty on their installation work? You will find professional installers, who often offer extended warranty on their work, which can be quite useful in the long run. It’s better to work with a company that offers genuine services rather than looking for cheap discounts.
Finally, take your time to understand the project requirements. Once you have decided on having an elevator, call up a known service to get their expertise on the project. They will suggest the right ideas, and based on the quote and other considerations, you can take the final call. Don’t forget to check if the company has tie-ups with some of the certified installers.