If you’ve been trying to make a prudent decision concerning the numerous home improvement projects available in today’s day and age, it’s in your best interests to ask yourself a few specific questions during the decision-making process:
- Which project can provide the biggest bang for my buck? In other words, what can I expect regarding my return on investment?
- Will the renovation boost my property’s curb appeal?
- How resilient and sturdy is the project in question? For example, in the event of an exterior refurbishment, will it be able to withstand rot, rust, and inclement weather?
- Once I select a particular undertaking, how can I ensure that I’m partnering with a reputable contractor or installation team?
With these topics in mind, let’s take a look at the advantages associated with contemporary carports and how they can enhance any domestic property.
Return on Investment
In stark contrast to the construction of a full-fledged garage – which can cost up to €50,000 and take weeks, if not months, to complete – a carport is significantly more economical and much less labour-intensive.
On average, building a personalised carport is approximately 50% more cost-effective than erecting a large-scale garage, and a carport can boost your home’s appraisal value by up to €9,000 depending on the nature of your property and the surrounding area. In addition to these benefits, a professional installation team can usually implement a customised carport in less than seven days, which makes it one of the most impactful, expedited augmentations in today’s home improvement landscape.
Next, it’s important to note that modernised carports are a far cry from the meagre lean-tos and skimpy shelters of years past; they are markedly more attractive, and they can conform to any type of property irrespective of its current theme or visage. Shown below are the most popular variants and styles:
- Deluxe models with integrated roof structures and drainage provisions
- Timber-based constructs with robust uPVC canopies
- Aluminium iterations coated with industrial strength protective finishes
- Seamless, free-standing cantilevers to account for constricted spaces
- Custom-built solutions for oddly shaped driveways or asymmetrical areas
Regardless of your particular needs, you’ll be able to contract the installation of a tailor-made carport that can adhere to your property’s unique, distinctive features – something that isn’t always possible with a traditional garage.
Long-Lasting with Minimal Maintenance
Contrary to popular belief, contemporary carports are incredibly durable and structurally sound:
- Impermeable to rust, rot, and dilapidation
- Completely water-resistant and weatherproof
- Average lifespan of 25 years or more
- No maintenance or upkeep
- Fire-retardant materials
- Able to withstand upwards of 750 N/m2 of snow and 48 m/s2 of wind
A standard garage, on the other hand, is mostly an extension of your home and it requires the same upkeep and repair schedule to account for roofing provisions, insulation, siding, and other built-in aspects.
How Do I Find a Reputable Installation Team?
The most renowned carport specialists – such as Aliport Structures Ltd – can provide a comprehensive service from start to finish, so you’ll want to pay attention to the following aspects during your consultations:
- Custom designs, fabrications, and builds facilitated on an in-house basis
- Wide range of bespoke, made-to-measure installation options
- Highly trained fitters and technicians
- Fully compliant with all British Standards and municipal building regulations
- Fee-free, no-obligation site evaluations and quotes for all projects
- Easily accessible testimonials from past clients
As we all know, home improvement endeavours occur in sequential phases – but it’s easy to see that installing a unique carport is a great place to start, so reach out to a trustworthy specialist as soon as possible to begin ascertaining your options. It is always worthwhile checking out the building regulations before hiring a contractor.