You may have seen or heard of UPVC before when looking at home improvement by way of new windows or doors. But for those good folk out there who’ve never heard the term and what it’s all about, UPVC are the initials for Un-Plasticised Poly Vinyl Chloride. Unlike wood, UPVC frames do not rot and decay, and unlike steel, they do not rust. As for aluminium, it’s true that it doesn’t rust, but it does corrode, especially in the bitter conditions found in some corners of Australia. Aluminium can also work out to be not very cost effective.
So What Advantages Does UPVC Offer?
- It is light, tough, long-lasting, and can endure a strong impact.
- It keeps its shape at natural temperatures and is immune to all weathering, plus, it contains a special compound which gives it a nice smooth, glossy finish and guarantees that it will retain its beautiful appearance.
- It needs very little maintenance and does not biologically deteriorate.
- It differs from other thermoplastics which are completely derived from oil. UPVC is made from 57% salt and only 43% oil, which allows it some extra exclusive technical properties and promotes unbeatable value.
- It will never warp or need any re-painting.
- In production UPVC uses less primary energy than any other commodity plastics, and it can easily be re-melted at hot temperatures, which helps to make it a great sustainable and recyclable material.
- UPVC includes a stabilizing agent that prevents ultraviolet sun rays from making the frame fade or dull over time.
And What You Get When You Add in Double Glazing
- Reduced energy bills: energy efficient double glazed windows and double glazed doors in Melbourne will keep up to $200 in your pocket in saving from your annual energy bills, and help to contribute to the environment by using less fuel, which means you’ll be then be more nature friendly.
- Having UPVC double glazed windows and doors will see a reduction in heat loss through the glass and mean fewer cold spots and draughts.
- Nice and quiet – This is another big thumbs up with UPVC windows and doors, a definite reduction in any outside noise gives your home a calmer ambience.
- Energy effective double glazing windows and doors will pay for themselves in lower heating and cooling costs over the space of only a couple of years, and, taken together with improved comfort and appearance, UPVC double glazed windows and doors are simply an investment that all homes should have.
So, if you’re reading this, you can easily see the benefits of having UPVC double glazing installed and is a must for anybody who’s contemplating a change of old windows, or even having a new home built. Why not simply do yourself a favour and ask somebody who has already had them fitted and see what they say about how much difference it has made to their overall surroundings.
Show that home of yours that you really love it!